I'm quite new to notion but I'm really finding my way quick. I've got a specific case where I've got some troubles with.
What I want to accomplish here is to have a customer portal (page) with all the tasks of that customer. Give them access by inviting them as a guest with "can comment" rights. I would let them to add tasks on their project list and add comments on the current items.
What I've done so far:
- Ive got a project and a task database.
- The project database contains all the projects of all different clients.
- The task database contains all the tasks of all projects, but each task is relates to one project.
- I've made a "customer portal" page for each customer
- That page contains a table view based on the task database
- In that table view i've added a filter to only show the tasks of 1 specific project.
So far so good!
- When I invite someone for the customer portal page I don't see any task, I don't even see a table.
-- I found out the database pages should be shared aswell. And there is my problem. I don't want to share the whole task database page because it also contains tasks from other customers.
- And if I share that task the customer could also make changes in the filter an let other projects in their overview
So is there a way (without making a database for each customer) to share info from a centralized database based on some criteria (filters) without having an option to see the other items (for example trough filters or seeing the full database page)?
Hopefully my question make any sense.